More and more support is building for the ‘less is more’ theory. Gone are the days when we believe drawing blood, seeing redness or creating a wound are treatment landmarks to be celebrated.
The latest research coming out of both the USA and Europe concludes that when it comes to ‘Skin Needling’ (and other ablative treatments), we never want to create an inflammatory skin response, nor do we need to create a wound to stimulate natural collagen production.
A well respected authority on dermal needling, Dr. Lance Setterfield has written a comprehensive guide to needling for skin rejuvenation and collagen regeneration. His views reflected in the latest edition are in-sync with where SKINFAKTOR’s Shibata Skin Needling system was developed.
“Clearly wound repair offers results that may appear to be positive from a cosmetic perspective, but is any consideration given to the long term effects on normal function and physiology. There is a fine line between a normal vs. pathological response to injury with overwhelming evidence that inflammation leads to pathology. This line is now being crossed by some in an attempt to gain greater results with the idea that ‘more is better’.”
“Inflammation is absent in the embryo wounding healing model for skin. Therefore, we can reasonably conclude inflammation is not a necessary process or requirement for repair or rejuvenation.”
Dr. Lance Setterfield
You’ve only got to ‘Google’ search “inflammation” to see just how damaging it is to the body – this includes the skin!! In any intensive skin treatment program, the Holy Grail is: skin stimulation without trauma, inflammation or blood.
THE SHIBATA METHOD.
1. NO FUTURE DNA DAMAGE – our Shibata tips never destroy or damage DNA stored in the basal layer.
2. NO BLOOD – the proprietary polymer tips never pierce the cell, rather they create minute channels between the cells to allow for safe passage of serum (Note, serum cannot be delivered when the skin is bleeding – full stop)
3. NO CYTOKINE STORM – rather than millions of Cytokines screaming for repair, Shibata Skin Needling triggers messages of ‘regeneration’ i.e. “there’s something happening up here, can you please start to send some replacement cells?”
4. NO SCAR COLLAGEN – no risk of fibrosis or scar collagen. Did you know that scar tissue can continue developing for up to 10 years!?
5. NO RISK – as beauty therapists we must realise that there is a greater risk factor when performing intensive treatments, especially when blood is drawn. Shibata Skin Needling has been developed to empower the beauty therapist, who, in many parts of the world, isn’t legally permitted to perform ‘Medical Needling’ treatments (over 0.3mm steel).
This really is the ‘skin needling’ of the future – optimal (and safe!) collagen induction + advanced serum delivery – all without pain, irritation, blood, reduced downtime, topical anaesthetics, trauma or risk.
Don’t waste half the ‘results’ time on healing first!